Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Saint Michael's Deliverance Prayer Series

Prayer for Deliverance of Addicted Persons

St. Michael, the Archangel
I come to you with a body broken
by addiction to .....................

I have tried all possible solutions
To break this habit,
But though my spirit is willing,
My body is weak.

I realize that I am struggling against
An evil greater than myself.
So I am taking refuge
Under the shadow of your wings,
That your sword may protect me
And help me get out
Of this situation and this addiction.

My family and my loved ones have suffered much because of me.
For their sake,
I want to change my life
And live happily for them.

St. Michael,
You are the first to struggle
Against Satan and his devils.
I feel their power over me,
And I believe that this addiction
Is no longer a human reality,
But a product of
Satan’s manifold presence on earth.

I beseech your presence
In my lonely struggle.
As I wake up each morning,
Enkindle in my heart your faith
And total surrender to God,
And make my will invincible as yours
So that I may continue
With my therapy and treatment
Without relapses,
And so that I may seek strength
From the sacraments,
Especially from the Holy Eucharist.

St. Michael,
Through your intercession,
I know that Jesus will help me.
Amen.

Prayer for Deliverance from Evil

O Blessed Angels,
Take care of me
So that evil may not come near me,
So that sin may not destroy me,
And that I may always serve Jesus
Who never abandons me.

St. Michael,
I beg that you accompany me
Along with all the Holy Angels
That God has placed
To guard me in my life.

I beg that you give me
The victory of Christ against evil.
Put me under the shadow
Of your protective wings
And with your sword,
Defeat God’s enemy
Who wishes to destroy me.

Help me, St. Michael, the Archangel.
To attain the salvation of my soul.
Amen.

Prayer to Ward Away Spiritual Disturbances

O glorious St. Michael, the Archangel,
Your presence reminds us
That the devils
Do not only remain in hell.

They are with us,
And they continue to disturb us.
We feel their presence in this place
And they have not ceased to disturb us
Through inexplicable events.

We ask you, Prince of the Angels,
To come to our rescue
And expel the evil spirits
That haunt this place.

May your sword frighten them.
We also know that
The presence of evil spirits invites us
Towards moral conversion.
The spirit of darkness
Could not stay in places of
Jesus’ authentic disciples.

We promise to make
A daily examination of conscience,
To strengthen our will
For the combat against sin.

We commit ourselves
To your side, and
To your eternal determination
That led to the defeat of Satan
And his followers.

Stay with us, St. Michael,
So that your presence may remind us
To be faithful disciples of Jesus.
Amen.