Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Prayers from the Pieta Booklet

Act of Consecration to the Blessed Virgin
My Queen, my Mother, I give myself entirely to You. And to show my devotion to You, I consecrate to You this day my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve. Wherefore, Good Mother, as I am Your own, keep me, guard me as Your property and possession, now and forever. Amen.

Prayer to St. Joseph
O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in You all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph, do assist me by Your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. So that having engaged here below Your Heavenly Power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the Most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating You and Jesus asleep in Your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near Your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen.

Offering of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Reparation for Sins
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus with all its love, all its sufferings, and all its merits –

First – To expiate all the sins I have committed this day, and during all my life. Glory…
Second – To purify the good I have done badly this day, and during all my life. Glory…
Third – To supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected to do, this day and during all my life. Glory…

Hail Mary of Gold
Hail Mary, White Lily of the Glorious and always Serene Trinity! Hail, Brilliant Rose of the Garden of Heavenly Delights! O You, by Whom God wanted to be born and by whose milk the King of Heaven wanted to be nourished, nourish our souls with effusions of Divine Grace. Amen.

Act of Offering
Eternal Father, we humbly offer You our poor presence, and that of the whole of humanity from the beginning to the end of the world, at all the Masses that ever have or ever will be prayed. We offer You all the pains, sufferings, prayers, sacrifices, joys, and relaxations of our lives in union with those of Our Dear Lord Jesus Christ while here on earth. May the Most Precious Blood of Christ, all His Blood, Wounds, and Agony save us, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary. Amen.

In Honor of the Precious Drops of Blood Lost by Jesus
Two Paters, two Glorias and two Aves in honor of the Precious Drops of Blood lost by Our Lord Jesus Christ during His Passion, Crucifixion, and Death on the Cross: Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory… Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory…

Prayer to the Infant Jesus of Prague
O Merciful Infant Jesus, I know of Your Miraculous Deeds for the sick. In view of the innumerable graces and cures granted through the veneration of Your Most Holy Infancy, particularly in the Statue of Prague, I exclaim with the greatest assurance, O Most Loving Infant Jesus, You can cure me if You Will. Extend Your Holy Hand and by Your Power take away all pain and infirmity. Amen.

Prayer before a Crucifix
Look down upon me, Good and Gentle Jesus, while before Your Crucifix I humbly kneel and pray and beseech Thee to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope, charity, true contrition for my sins and a firm purpose of amendment while I contemplate with great love and tender pity Thy Five Wounds, pondering over them within me and calling to mind the words which David, Thy Prophet, said of Thee, my Jesus – “They have pierced my hands and my feet. They have numbered all my bones.” Amen.

One Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory be for the Holy Father’s intentions.

Anima Christi
Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me, Blood of Christ, inebriate me, Water from the Side of Christ, wash me, Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O Good Jesus, hear me, within Thy Wounds, hide me. Suffer me not to be separated from Thee. From the malignant enemy, defend me. In the hour of my death, call me and bid me to come to Thee that with Thy Angels and Saints, I may praise Thee, forever and ever. Amen.

Rosary of the Holy Wounds
On the big beads: Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls.

On the small beads: My Jesus, pardon and mercy, through the merits of Your Holy Wounds.

Prayer to Defeat the Work of Satan
O Divine Eternal Father, in union with Your Divine Son and the Holy Spirit, and through the intercession of the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg You to destroy the power of Your greatest enemy, the evil spirits. Cast them into the deepest recesses of hell and chain them there forever. Take possession of Your Kingdom which You have created and which is rightfully Yours.

Heavenly Father, give us the reign of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I repeat this prayer out of pure love for You with every beat of my heart and with every breath I take. Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
O Beautiful Flower of Carmel, Most Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, Holy and Singular, Who brought forth the Son of God, still ever remaining a Pure Virgin, assist me in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help and protect me, show me that You are My Mother. O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee.

Mother and Ornament of Carmel, pray for us. Virgin, Flower of Carmel, pray for us. Patroness of all who wear the scapular, pray for us. Hope of all who die wearing the scapular, pray for us. St. Joseph, Friend of the Sacred Heart, pray for us. St. Joseph, Chaste Spouse of Mary, pray for us. St. Joseph, our Patron, pray for us. O Sweet Heart of Mary, be our salvation. Amen.

For the Holy Souls in Purgatory
Five I Believe… One Hail Holy Queen… One Our Father… One Hail Mary… One Glory… Requiem: Eternal Rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let Your Perpetual Light shine upon them. May they Rest in Peace. Amen.

Spiritual Communion
O Jesus, I turn towards the Holy Tabernacle where You live hidden for love of me. I love you, O my God. I want to receive You in Holy Communion. I cannot receive You, Lord. Come, nevertheless, and visit me with Your Grace. Come spiritually into my heart, purify it, sanctify it, render it like unto Your Own, now and forever. Amen. Lord, I’m not worthy that Thou shouldst enter under my roof but only say the word and my soul shall be healed. Amen. (Repeat three times.)

Prayer to the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary
O Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Dwelling Pure and Holy, cover my soul with Your Maternal Protection so that being ever faithful to the Voice of Jesus, it responds to His Love and obeys His Divine Will. I wish, O my Mother, to keep unceasingly before me Your Co-Redemption, in order to live intimately with Your Heart that is totally united to the Heart of Your Divine Son. Fasten me to this Heart by Your Own Virtues and Sorrows. Protect me always. Amen.

Prayer against Storms and Lightning
Jesus Christ, King of Glory, has come in Peace. God became Man. Christ suffered. Christ was crucified. Christ died. Christ rose from the dead. Christ ascended into heaven. Christ conquers. Christ reigns. Christ orders. May Christ protect us from all storms and lightning. Christ went through their midst in peace. And the Word was made Flesh. Christ is with us with Mary. Flee, You enemy spirits, because the Lion of the Generation of Judah, the Root David, has won.

Holy God, Holy Powerful God, Holy Immortal God, have mercy on us and the whole world. Amen. Holy God, Holy Powerful God, Holy Immortal God, have mercy on us and the whole world. Amen. Holy God, Holy Powerful God, Holy Immortal God, have mercy on us and the whole world. Amen. Jesus, King of Mercy, I trust in You.

Prayer to the Holy Shroud
O Jesus, who in Your Most Bitter Passion did become the reproach of men and the Man of Sorrows. I venerate Your Holy Face upon which Shone the Beauty and Gentleness of Divinity. In those disfigured features I recognize Your Infinite Love and I long to love Thee and make You loved. May I behold Your Glorious Face in Heaven. Amen.

Act of Adoration to the Holy Name of God
May the Most Holy, Most Sacred, Most Adorable, Most Mysterious and Unutterable Name of God be always praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in Heaven, on earth and under the earth, by all creatures of God and by the Sacred of Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen