Sunday, September 6, 2009

Devotion to the Holy Wounds for the Souls in Purgatory

(Based on Private Revelations to Sr. Maria Martha Chambon)

Maria Martha Chambon was born in La Croix-Rouge on March 6, 1841. She died in Santander on March 21, 1921. A daughter of poor farmers, she joined the Monastery of the Visitation of Santander in 1864. There she remained until her death. Most of the time, she worked in the refectory and in the boarding school. She had a vision of Christ Crucified and because of this she consecrated herself to the Holy Wounds, about which she had astonishing visions. In 1875 she received stigmata. The following are promises by Jesus to Sr. Maria Martha Chambon:

1. I will grant the petition of those who ask me through the invocation of my Holy Wounds. Promote this devotion.
2. This prayer comes from heaven... It can obtain all.
3. My Holy Wounds sustain the world... Love them because they are fountains of all graces. Invoke them frequently and invite your neighbour to do the same for the benefit of the souls.
4. When you have pains to endure, take them quickly to my Wounds and they will become light to bear.
5. To the sick, repeat many times this invocation: “My Jesus, pardon and mercy, for the merits of your Holy Wounds.” This prayer will lighten the body and soul.
6. Let the sinner say: “Eternal Father, to you I offer the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to save our souls.” I will obtain conversion.
7. My Wounds will alleviate yours.
8. Those who die invoking the merits of my Wounds will have eternal life.
9. For every word that they pronounce from the Prayer of Mercy, I let a drop of my Blood fall on the soul of the sinner.
10. Those who honor my Holy Wounds and have offered them to the Eternal Father for the souls in Purgatory will be accompanied at the time of their death by the Blessed Virgin and by the Angels and I will receive them to crown them.
11. The Holy Wounds are the Treasure of all treasures for the souls in Purgatory.
12. The devotion to my Holy Wounds is the remedy in this time of iniquity.
13. From my Wounds come forth the fruits of holiness. Those who meditate on them will receive new nourishment of love.

The Rosary of the Holy Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ

(This prayer is recited using the beads of the Marian Rosary. The prayer starts with the following:)
1. Oh Jesus, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen.
2. Holy God, Almighty God, Immortal God, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen.
3. Grace and mercy, oh my God. In time of danger cover us with your most precious Blood. Amen.
4. Oh Eternal Father, for the Blood of your Son, have mercy on us. Amen. Amen. Amen.

For each Decade of the Rosary:
Our Father...

Invocation:
“Eternal Father, I offer you the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal our souls.”

The 10 Hail Mary’s...

Invocation:
“My Jesus, pardon and mercy for the merits of your Holy Wounds.”

(This Rosary of the Holy Wounds ends with this invocation repeated three times)
“Eternal Father, I offer you the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal our souls.”